Today I was nominated by another blogger for the Liebster Blog Award! I’m pretty sure I was nominated last year too but it was about a month into my blogging experience and I had no idea what I was doing, so I didn’t think anything of it. This year, though, I decided to actually respond. So, to my nominator, Natalie of http://notyouraveragecollegegirlblog.wordpress.com/, thank you! Check out the award, information, and my nominees below!
*The Official Rules of the Liebster Blog Award (From the Wording Well website):
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have fewer than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are the questions Natalie asked me:
1. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Snoring. It makes me so irrationally angry and I don’t know why. Also misplaced apostrophes. “Salad’s” should never be written anywhere. Ever.
2. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Probably Matthew Bomer. I know he’s gay, but he’s beautiful. He also has the cutest husband and kids.
3. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Dirty Dancing. I could watch it every day, but I don’t understand why “Nobody puts Baby in the corner” has become the most famous line, because there are plenty of other more amazing lines in that movie.
4. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Well, this is a great question given one of my most recent posts about guilty pleasures. Check it out here: https://sometimesiweartiaras.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/guilty-pleasures/.
5. What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had?
It’s gotta be the one where I stepped on a dead person’s head… There was no body attached. I was 10 and I don’t think I slept for a week after that.
6. Cats or dogs?
Dogs, but I really like both.
7. What kind of music do you listen to the most?
Right now, Taylor Swift’s new album, 1989.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Flying. I would love to be able to fly anywhere in the world – it would be great for travel and it would be such a cool sensation.
11 Random Facts:
- When my boyfriend and I aren’t together, I cuddle my teddy bear while I sleep.
- I was a highly competitive gymnast until I got a stress fracture in my back when I was 16.
- I’ve lived in Italy twice – for five months when I was 5 and for two and a half months when I was 10.
- I have 20/20 eyesight.
- I have two pillowpets and they both travel with me (because they’re the best airplane companions).
- I have never had a pet (other than fish and salamanders).
- Walking through those mini house setups in IKEA is one of my favorite activities.
- The first time I ever got tipsy, I was 19. I have never smoked anything ever.
- My favorite color is pink.
- I hate when people spell my name wrong on Facebook or in emails.
- There are currently four tiaras in my room.
Believe it or not, I actually don’t follow very many blogs. I have a hard time finding ones that are exactly what I want to read, and I often like posts and forget to follow. In any case, these are three of my favorites:
1. This is one of the first blogs I ever followed and I love their posts: http://isthiswhyimstillsingle.wordpress.com/
2. A fellow Eugenian (aka from Eugene, Oregon) who is now traveling the world on her bike: http://awanderingphoto.com/
3. And another excellent blog with a fantastic title: http://glitterismyfavouritecolour.com/
Questions for Nominees to Answer:
- If you could be any famous person (past or present), who would you be?
- What color best describes you?
- If tomorrow were your last day to live, what would you eat for your final meal?
- Who do you ask for advice?
- What is your favorite place?
- Weather-wise: hot or cold?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what animal would you choose?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- Mac or PC?
- What is your favorite holiday?