What’s better than watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and then forgetting to change the channel and being utterly confused about the strange things that walk across the stage that they call dogs? Nothing, amiright? That’s what I thought. Also, I think they may have just called it a sporting event. Can you hear me snorting with laughter? Here are the 10 best moments from the National Dog Show!
1. We’ll start by talking about how they frequently reference the Kennel Club, and every time, without fail, I hear “kettle corn.”
2. Way too many of the owners look like their dogs (and yes, the people look like the dogs – because the dogs are supposed to look like that. The people aren’t).
3. Most of the dogs don’t actually look like dogs. Many of them should be in the “rat on a string” category.
4. And if they’re not rat-like, they look like horses.
5. Or a mop.
6. Or… I don’t even know.
7. You know that this dog is REALLY enjoying being poked and prodded.
9. Sometimes they have dogs that actually look like they’re supposed to.
(ignore the brown monstrosity above the silver cake-like horror)
10. And, finally, this “dog.”
According to one of the announcers, “This is what you got HD television for!” Umm… nope.
At the end of the day, though, they’re all winners… jk, they’re just dogs who pranced around in a circle.