In eighth grade, you had a more poppin’ schedule than you’ve ever had since then. You had a guaranteed party to go to every single Saturday night and you knew your thirty best Jewish friends would be there. Plus, there was always cake, buffet food, and a killer dance party. Now, you sit on your couch bra-less every weekend, watching Law and Order: SVU well into the night, with your best friends, Ben and Jerry. So sit back, relax (maybe grab a blanket), and relive some of those great b’nai mitzvah party memories.
1. Those hotel room/banquet hall dance floors got really real. You and all your 13-year-old friends knew how to kill it out there.
2. You knew all the classic DJ party games and dances – from the hula hoop contest to the dance off, the Macarena to the conga line – and you were always prepared to win.
3. Your parents ended up knowing all your favorite songs, because they were requested every weekend.
4. Going to these parties meant you could wear your fanciest dresses… which is all relative when you remember that this was middle school.
This nice plaid one takes the cake though:
5. Sometimes your parents would even let you wear heels!
6. In order to not be dress too provocatively, you would throw on one of these nice babies to cover up:
7. Plus, these dresses would go perfectly with the amazing jewelry you were sure to get at the party.
8. You might even get a nice hat!
9. And if the necklaces weren’t enough for you, chances are you could snag a few of these:
10. The food was always to DIE for.
11. And don’t even get me started on the desserts!
12. There were also always those nice mocktails for you to try.
13. The themed parties were by far the best, though.
14. You always knew you would get to leave with some pretty awesome party favors.
15. Sometimes the favors were even themed!
16. And at the really swanky parties, you’d get to leave with something amazing, like one of the following:
17. And, of course, the best party was your party, when you got to choose the snacks and favors and the DJ would play whatever you wanted and you finally got to be the one lifted on the chair.