1. You know all the best ways to get to class in the snow. And you know when it’s worth it to take the long way around if it means avoiding getting precipitated on.
2. You know the repertoire of all the A Cappella groups. This also means you can sing along to their classics and pretend to be part of the group.
3. You know where your professors live. And what cars they drive. And the names of their kids. And pets…
4. Your wardrobe is now the same as every other person at your school. It consists of the entirety of Forever 21 and H&M.
5. The green is always full (because there’s only one that people are ever on). And you always pretend you can actually get work done out there…
6. You know who someone has hooked up with even if you don’t know their name. Once in a while you make eye contact with them and think to yourself, “Oh my god I know so many things about you. Do random people know this stuff about me…?”
7. Your school has a collection of made up sports that are more popular than your real sports. Because let’s be real, if it’s not D1, it doesn’t really matter.
8. When you meet someone new, you look at them like they’ve just survived the zombie apocalypse. Because after the first week of freshman year, you kind of just assume you’ve met everyone.
9. If you make a poor choice, it will follow you for the next four years. Chances are it’ll live right next to you next year too.
10. You’ve been to the president’s house on multiple occasions. You’re pretty chummy with their spouse too.
11. Everyone instagrams the same tree when it changes color in the fall. And don’t even talk about when the first snowfall happens.
12. You don’t declare your major until the end of your sophomore year, and only because they made you. “I guess I’ll just pick the one that I have the most credits in…”
13. Whenever a comedy group is performing it’s like national news. If you don’t go, you know you’ll never hear the end of “oh my god it was so funny there was meditation and then porn and then someone had praying mantis arms, it was hilarious, well I guess you had to be there.”
14. When someone has actually heard of your school and you don’t have to say, “I go to ________________, it’s a small liberal arts school in ________________,” it’s the most exciting thing since Obama’s reelection. You have a minor conniption if they’ve even heard of the city it’s in.
15. The captain of the soccer team is also the president of the knitting club and the secretary of student government. Because the ratio of overachievers to total population is 1:1.
16. You can’t even hate anyone properly because at some point you get to know them well enough to see the good in them. You want to hate them so badly but then they did that really nice thing for your friend one time and it kind of makes you hate them more.
17. You know everyone’s siblings because they also go here. #legacylife anyone?
18. Even the business majors who are on sports teams are double majoring in something like studio art. And then you feel like an underachiever for only having one major and a minor.
19. In winter you don’t go to the gym because it’s too cold to walk there. Honestly, it’s just not worth it – you’d spend half your time there just defrosting anyways.
20. You know exactly who will be at every party, so you don’t go out. Because, let’s be real, it’ll just be a repeat of last weekend, and nobody needs that. What you need is a nice night in. And Netflix.
21. You have campus safety, not campus police, and you know them by first name. You also know which ones will yell at you and which ones will just tell you to pour out your drink and turn down the music.
22. You know where to find everyone in the dining hall. And it throws off your entire day if the anime kids sit at the hockey table.
23. The amount you go out and the temperature vary inversely with each other. Because short skirt + party < bed + hot chocolate.